Couples Therapy in Westchester, New York
Partners seek couples therapy at all stages of the relationship. Whether you are in need of marriage counseling or premarital couples therapy, many of the issues couples face are the same.
Common scenarios couples seek therapy for help with:
- Sex and Intimacy Issues
- Financial Difficulties
- Communication and/or Conflict Resolution
- Fighting and Emotional Outbursts
- Dependency and Independence Concerns
- Religious and/or Ethical Conflicts
- Parental Differences
- And So Much More
Therapy takes teamwork. As a couples therapist consider me an addition to your collaborative problem-solving team. I work with couples each step of the way as an honest communicator. Good couples therapy helps you reclaim the vision for the relationship or marriage.
What To Expect In Couples Therapy
My office is a safe haven where deepest fears, angers, regrets, and secrets can be aired in a judgment-free environment. With a couples therapist, the only goal is building a stronger, more meaningful foundation and connection.
Growing communication skills is the best way couples can achieve their goals. I will teach you tools that help you do that. If one technique or communication strategy seems to be unsuccessful, we will transition to other approaches that may be a better fit.
Healthy communication within a relationship is not a one size fits all approach. Couples therapy should be no different. A couples therapist helps you find what works best for you as a couple. Sometimes based on how you currently communicate.
Life is a journey. Treat couples therapy as the first step on a beautiful new journey with your partner.
Finding Couples Therapy That Works
Choosing the right couples therapist for marital therapy requires careful consideration. You will your therapist with some of the most sensitive and personal details in your life.
As your on this new journey, my counseling techniques and experience can help you understand how couples therapy is going to work for you. This means reclaiming your life and realizing your vision for your relationship.
- Uncover negative communication or harmful behaviors that are preventing you from having a healthy, loving relationship
- Avoid blaming each other for relationship issues while finding healthy ways to work through issues
- Recognize the causes of relationship roadblocks and the effects these causes create
- Enhance the quality and depth of couple communication
- Heal old wounds and foster stronger bonds
- Cut through the stresses of day-to-day life in a judgment-free couples environment
- Strengthen the love and affection within your relationship
No matter what your couple counseling needs might be, you have a teammate the moment you step into my office. Restore your relationship by scheduling a couples therapy appointment today.